I’ve been ignoring my own blog lately, in favour of reading some others. So, in a fit of “I-love-it-so-must-share-it-and-you-must-love-it-too”, I figured it was time to share.
A visual tour of the daily eats of an almost nutritionist. This is not a vegan blog (it is vegetarian), but I love love love the foods Caroline makes, and its a good motivator for me to eat more healthily, especially when I’m surrounded by chocolate recipes at the moment!
In particular, check out her superbowl post, for every imaginable hommus variety.
Health Alternatives 2000
A source of nerdy nutrition info. Ok, not a blog, but its lame nerdy “fun”.
This is an FSM-related fave. Just a blog by someone who has recently moved there. With our impending move, I’ve been craving other’s experiences of Kolonia.
A home workout “community” site I hadn’t come across before. My god, this woman is fit. Definitely motivating, and making me more than a little envious.
Hoyden About Town
Feminist ranting on local issues. Yay!
Completely unrelatedly to the above, or the theme of this blog, r, well, anything, I’ve been cooking lots of quinoa lately.
How do you like your quinoa? Any fave recipes?
I make lots of pretty standard quinoa dishes, like quinoa with vegies, my creamy quinoa bake, and spiced quinoa, but I think this one is a bit special, so I wanted to share.
Raspberry Quinoa Porridge! also known as best breaky ever
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2-1 cup spelt milk (or whatever, I have a thing for spelt at the moment)
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch cinnamon
- 2 tbs agave syrup (or sugar)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 scoops yoghurt
- 2 scoops ice-cream (what, who said that?)
- any chopped fruit you have on hand – i had blueberries
- pumpkin seeds, for sprinkling (what else do you do with them but sprinkle?)
- Cook the quinoa in the water, until beginning to soften.
- Add milk, and continue to cook until, well, cooked.
- Off the heat. Add raspberries and stir through. They will get melty, fall apart, and make the whole thing bright pink.
- Add cinnamon, sugar/agave, and nutmeg.
- Pour into two bowls. Add a scoop of yoghurt, followed by a scoop of ice cream, then sprinkle with fruit and seeds.
- Enjoy the awesome.