I may have stumbled across the best vegan aioli. In the world. Ever.
Ok, so I haven’t had vegan aioli before now, so I may be over-reaching with that statement, but its was pretty darn good. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 pack firm silken tofu (297g)
- 3 tb olive oil
- 3tbp vinegar
- 2-5 cloves garlic, roasted (I’m a 5 clove girl, Mr is more a 1-2 clove person)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp nooch
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 2 tbs water
- Roast garlic cloves (skin on) in hot oven until soft, or about 15 minutes.
- Allow garlic to cool, then peel it.
- Add all ingredients to bowl or blender and blend/mix until smooth.
- Taste test, add vinegar, salt and pepper as necessary.
- Serve with oven baked wedges.
- Bask in the awesome.
We’ve had it twice this week – twice with wedges, and once some leftovers used in some brown rice sushi.