I interrupt our regular programming to squeal a little about that fact that its snowing where I am!!!!!!!!
And because it is snowing, it is cold, (or the other way around), so its time to kick back, watch bad movies and drink perfect vegan hot chcocolate.
(My) Perfect Vegan Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash cinnamon
- dash cardamon
- dash nutmeg
- dash clove powder
- dash cayenne, if you’re into that kind of thing
- 1 large tsp of golden syrup
- 2 cups of soy milk (actually I prefer Spelt milk, and I’ve heard good things about hazelnut milk, but any non-dairy milk works)
- In a small saucepan add the cocoa, spices and sugar, with about 2 tablespoons of the soy milk, and make a paste.
- Over low heat, add the golden syrup and combine thoroughly.
- Add the milk slowly, continuing to stir over low heat until all the milk is added.
- Turn the heat up just a little. This is the technical part – stir occasionally and keep over heat until you see the surface just begin to have ripples. It should look like greasy water does when you drop detergent into it, nothing like boiling. DO NOT BOIL THE SOY MILK – it makes it taste like mushrooms, which is just weird.
- Serve in mugs, with some vegan chocolate on the side to dip in and melt.
Elsewhere on Aroudtheworldvegan: Mexican style hot chocolate
Everyone has a tip that they think makes the perfect vegan hot chocolate, what’s yours?