I’m feeling particularly undeserving, given I haven’t been here for months and months, but I’ll play along🙂
The rules of the award are that I must now divulge 7 mildly interesting facts about myself and then nominate 15 versatile blogs.
Here are some curious facts about myself:
1. My favourite thing right now is vegetable gardening (I read heirloom seed catalogues before going to bed)
2. I am 3 centimeters too short to be a flight attendant on international flights. Or at least, that was the rule when I was a kid and desperately wanted to have that job. I think it worked out for the best.
3. I HATE misuse of the word ‘random’, but catch myself doing sometimes anyway.
4. Every piece of furniture I own is second-hand, bar one: a cube-style bookshelf I bought from Target and put together myself when I was 20.
5. I’ve have 10 varieties of allium (onions and garlic), 3 types of kale, 4 types of carrots, and 5 radish varieties growing at the moment, among other things.
6. A large scarf or pashmina is my must pack item. You can use it as a blanket on cold planes, a head-scarf in churches and mosques, a modesty-helper on buses in the tropics when your skirt keeps riding up, and a pillow in any situation.
7. I am in a constant state of indecision about whether I will grow my hair out or not (I shaved it 2 years ago now).
Here are some blogs I love. I suppose they are versatile, in that I use them for info, laughter, community and sometimes recipes etc. They are not in any order particularly, but I have categorised them as food-related and not food-related:
- http://newswithnipples.com/ News-analysis, feminism and very, very funny
- http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com.au/ Okay, so it is mostly comics – but she’s great!
- http://milkwood.net/ Permaculture everything!
- http://blog.iblamethepatriarchy.com/ Funny and angry. The blogger bans, but sometimes the comments still get unsafe for trans* people.
- http://www.olivesfordinner.com/ I only found this blog recently – such gorgeous food!
- http://simplybreakfast.blogspot.com.au/ Not vegan, but it always makes me hungry.
- http://www.maplespice.com/ So pretty!
- http://nami-nami.blogspot.com.au/ Not vego, but very good.